July 28, 2009

Pick Enterprise - We'll Pick You Up!

But will you make it home?!



I swear that my car is a magnet for trouble... I've now been in two somewhat serious accidents and both times I've gotten a rental car from Enterprise. The first time it was a Kia Rondo - if you don't know what that is be GLAD! What a disgusting piece of shit that thing was... This time I got a GMC Canyon - it looks fairly decent and is much, much cleaner than the Kia was.

I'm starting to notice a trend with rental cars and the tires on said rental cars... The Kia Rondo had a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and the light was on and the guy at Enterprise said, "Oh, yeah - we think it's broken." Well, for shiggles, I went and checked the air pressure and it was down to like 14 psi and the wall of the tire said something like 35-40. Good thing I checked!

So this GMC Canyon feels like it's on ice when I'm driving on the freeway...It slides around! So I looked at the tires and, as you can see, OH MY GAWD!!! Look at how bald the inside shoulders are of each tire... the truck has like 9800 miles on it so I'm thinking they just barely got rotated for the first time as the front tires still look brand new (it's a 4X4 with full-time FWD).


Now, this could be an issue with the vehicle itself, I used to have an '89 Chevy S10 Blazer and the outside shoulders of the front tires used to get the hell chewed out of 'em - but still - this is a rental vehicle and they should be more on-top of tire rotations and any other required maintenance than anybody else!

My poor car will be in the shop probably until Friday... So until then - I'm remaining hopeful that one of these bad boys will blowout and I'll die in a fiery auto crash so my family can sue Enterprise for negligence and get every dime they've got (or at least a box of pens or something).

Oh, and before I forget... Thanks for giving me a "hugging" truck that averages 21mpg hwy - my wallet and 110-mile daily commute really appreciate it! Okay, I'll take partial blame here...it was the truck or a minivan and there's no way in hell I was taking the van.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap those tires are bald! That's a scary thing to be driving on the freeway.
    Enterprise sucks- I have not been impressed with them either. The last car we got from them was NASTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even remember the last time I rented from Enterprise... but it was most likely when my car was being repaired due to an accident.

    ReplyDelete