October 6, 2009

Assessments/Questionnaires

I've been looking for a job for almost 2 months now... It's very frustrating. Even more frustrating are those goddamn multiple-choice assessments/questionnaires some places (mainly retailers) make you fill out. Could they be any more asinine?!?! Hmmm....let's see how many ways we can re-word the same questions and make these poor saps answer them over-and-over again...

Examples:
  • I generally keep my emotions in check vs. People can usually tell when I'm angry
  • I keep my work space clean and organized vs. I often lose or misplace things
  • I'm not generally too concerned about what others are feeling vs. When I see someone crying I want to console them and find out what's wrong.
It's enough to drive you mad! And to be honest, there was one I filled out today and I thought all of the choices sucked so I used the same one as both the "best" and "worst" possible answer. To quote Garfield... "Whoever came up with 'em should be dragged out into the street and shot." Or at least mailed to Abu Dhabi ;-)

1 comment: