So what did I do with all my money? I branched out, of course...

Why yes, that is a genuine Formica countertop...thanks for asking
I picked up another handle of Svedka (my new guilty pleasure and my bottle from last week is gone), a "mini" bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin, and a "mini" bottle Seagram's VO Canadian whiskey. The reason I went for the "mini" bottles is because alcohol is kind of a crap shoot...my personal experience has been OMG this is the best thing ever!!! vs. OMG I'm gonna die!!! No sense in spending more money than you have to when you wanna give somethin' a whirl.
So tonight I had my first gin and tonic...not quite sure if I like it or not. The VO is pretty damn good mixed with Coke. One of these days I might have to splurge and pick up a bottle of Crown. I'm thinking I'll have a slight hangover at work tomorrow...Yay!!!

First gin and tonic... gin is a hard one to aquire a taste for. Took me at least 5 or 6 gin and tonics to get used to it. Now I can down them like nothing. dirty martinis with gin is the next step up once you get to liking the taste.
ReplyDeleteBombay Sapphire is my gin of choice. I rarely have any other gin now, although Taqueray isn't bad. Lower cost gins like the new American Gin are not bad and I am having that grow on me. Plus it's a lot less than Bombay Sapphire.
Crown is about the only whiskey I drink anymore. It's smooth and reduces the hangovers, unless of course you mix all three alcohols in one sitting.
Svedka is not bad... very good vodka. I also like Pinnacle, which is a reasonably priced vodka with a great taste.