August 14, 2009

Artists/Bands That Must Go

My previous post contained a list of songs, musical masterfeces if you will, that I can't stand and I got thinking that there are also Artists/Bands that I find intolerable in their entirety! Sorry if you absolutely love some of these people - we can still be friends, right?

95% of all country music
100% of all rap music
Kid Rock
The Beach Boys
The Bee Gees; well, let's say 99.9% of all disco music
Creed
Def Leppard
Enya
Mariah Carey
Limp Bizkit
Abba
Kanye West

I'll add more as I think of 'em.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the country, 98% of all rap and hip hop and 110% on Creed (not sure why they decided to get back together... maybe they saw dollar signs and thought they still mattered).

    Def Leppard is one of those bands that I started listening to back when they first came on the scene (1981 I think). There's times when their music can be overplayed, but they are still a band I like.

    I only like one or two Kid Rocks songs, but nothing newer.

    The Beach Boys... If it's overplayed, I can agree. But Pet Sounds and Brian Wilson's "Smile" albums are a couple of my favorites (yes we are still friends.. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty - LMAO! I definitely think the members of Creed have some bills they need to pay... Ca-ching $$$$$$$

    Def Leppard is another one that's played to death, and their songs are a little 'too sexed up' for my taste, although I will admit there are a few I find bearable once every 6-8 months.

    I really don't know a lot of Kid Rock's songs...but this newer one - "All Summer Long" - where he blatantly rips off "Werewolves of London" and "Sweet Home Alabama" infuriates me like you can't believe. I'm not a big Lynrd Skynrd fan, but I'll bet Warren Zevon is rolling in his grave...

    The Beach Boys just make me want to bash my skull in... Largely due to their overplayed songs: "Kokomo", etc. Uuuuugh! it's stuck in my head now!

    Glad we can still be friends.

    ReplyDelete