I'm blatantly ripping off Marty (again); but I don't he'll mind...
There are some songs that I absolutely can not stand - just hearing the first few bars of them pushes me over the edge and often makes me want shove pens in my ears and/or punch my car stereo... Helps to explain why my iPod is always within arms reach and I primarily listen to CDs in the car!
This list is in no particular order and is by no means complete. I'm not going to explain why I hate them either (well, maybe a few of 'em).
"Lady In Red" - Chris de Burgh
"Red Red Wine" - UB40
"Celebrate" - Kool & The Gang
"I've Got The Power" - Snap!
"We Are Family" - Sister Sledge
"Born In The USA" - Bruce Springsteen (sorry peoples - I don't like The Boss)
"The Black Parade" - My Chemical Romance
"Sunday, Bloody Sunday" - U2 (I love U2! But this song is seriously overplayed!)
"Gonna Fly Now" (aka Rocky theme song) - Bill Conti
This will be a recurring post - so be sure to check back later...
Music Monday: Foo Fighters “Your Favorite Toy”
6 months ago

Oh, I don't mind one bit.
ReplyDelete"Dancing In The Dark" is a much overplayed Bruce song, but your Boss pick is more annoying. I'm not a big Bruce fan, but he does have better songs.
As for "Gonna Fly Now", it does work great in a Scooter Sunday video:
http://www.banalleakage.com/2009/04/18/scooter-sunday-season-2-ep-01/
Marty - "Gonna Fly Now" is appropriate in some cases and it was perfect for your season 2 opener.
ReplyDeleteIt's just that it gets played to death everywhere... I think the tipping point between it being an irritant vs. me wanting to break things when I hear it was the Budweiser commercial where the dalmatian is training the clydesdale for next year's beer wagon pullin' tryouts (I think it was a superbowl ad)
Played to death has a great way of killing music and other media.
ReplyDelete